The DieciZero Bed and Breakfast is in Barumini, at about 60 km from Cagliari, close to the Nuragic Village of Su Nuraxi.
BED AND BREAKFAST
DieciZero B&B is a perfect solution for art lovers particularly keen on surreal art, as rooms have unique sets of colours and sounds.
Rooms in DieciZero B&B (about 20 m²) are equipped with: wi-fi, air-conditioning/heating, flat-screen Tv, en-suite bathroom, courtesy set and towels. They have a balcony and are available in the following two typologies:
- STANDARD: single/twin/double bedrooms, or triple with an added sofa bed.
- ART SUPERIOR: single/double bedroom with artistic decorations and installations (unlike the Standard ones) such as: the VHS room (with a video installation remanding the human thought), the Doll's room (remanding the childhood), the PH room (with red colour predominance) and the Darkroom (is like a real darkroom, with the outside view projected, upside down, onto the walls inside the room).
The many services offered by the DieciZero Bed and Breakfast include:
- Half-board or Full-board available with theme menu in the affiliated Cavallino della Giara restaurant
- Balcony with a view
- Rooms with art installations
- Pets admitted (no extra charge required)
- Internet wi-fi
- External free parking
Barumini is most famous for the nearby Nuraghe of Su Nuraxi, a UNESCO world heritage site; however there are also other important historical sites on the surroundings, such as the Domus De Janas (the house of witches – a complex of pre-historic tombs), the proto-nuraghi of Bruncu de Madili (another ancient settlement), the 'Genna Maria' nuraghe in Villanovaforru, and the many remains from the Phoenician and Punic periods, such as a Roman bridge and a necropolis. The village is located just over 5 km from the Plateau of the Giara, which teems with rare wildlife such as wild ponies (a species only found in Sardinia), hedgehogs, wild boar, wildcats, partridges, ducks and black-winged stilts. The flora of the Giara is more typically Mediterranean - myrtle, helichrysum, arbutus, ilex, cork – but is still very interesting and incredibly beautiful. In Tuili, just a few km from Barumini, you will find 'Sardinia in Miniture' (with wheelchair access), where you can learn about the most interesting aspects of the island, and visit the Astronomy museum, the Planetarium and a Biosphere which recreates a rainforest environment. Sanluri with its beautiful castle, once home to Eleanor of Arborea is 20 km away. Barumini is therefore a perfect location for those who seek not only Sardinia's beautiful beaches (60 km away), but also for those who want to discover the flora, fauna and history of the island said to have once been the isle of Atlantis. This may be just a legend, but make sure you don't miss the legendary, but very real, traditional products of Sardinia, such as honey, olive oil, bottarga, liquor, bread, wine, cold meats and typical desserts.
Port and Airport of Cagliari: about 65 km
Port of Arbatax: about 130 km
Airport of Alghero: about 220 km
Port of Porto Torres: about 215 km
Port and Airport of Olbia: about 255 km
Port of Golfo Aranci: about 265 km