The Mustazzoleddus are typical biscuits of Sardinia, the area of origin is of Sardinia’s western part where surely the most famous town is Oristano but there may be several variations of this recipe. The mustazzoledus are typical biscuits of Sardinia very tasty and well-worth the taste and perhaps it is suggestible to match a sweet wine for meditation a Sardinian one of course such as: the Argiolas
Ingredients for 4 people
- 400 grams of sugar
- 300 grams of almonds (chopped after being peeled)
- 2 egg whites
- a lemon
- Traggera as decoration
- In a separate bowl mix together the almonds, sugar and egg whites with a lemon rind after having properly rind.
- A time that the pasta has been manipulated as suggested, roll so that it is of a thickness large enough then cut it with a form of small diamonds that will be lying in a baking pan sprinkled with flour.
- While these operations proceed boil 100 grams of sugar in a pan full of 100 grams of water so as to obtain a syrup which has a certain density.
- Use that syrup in order to frost the biscuits once they are cooked. Finally, use traggera in order to decorate them.
Now the typical Mostazzuleddus are ready to be tasted and savored slowly after a meal or as a tasty snack for a break during the day.