Hotel Catalunya is an elegant 4 star hotel in the centre of Alghero, in the Riviera del Corallo, on the north-west coast of Sardinia.
Hotel Catalunya in Alghero is a famous hotel located in the town centre, and it is the perfect accommodation for those who travel in Sardinia without a car. The hotel is a 9-floor building in a strategic position and offers a very high quality holiday to its guests, just at a few steps from the sea and from the nightlife and the shopping possibilities of Alghero.
Catalunya Hotel has 128 rooms which have Wi-Fi, air conditioning, phone, TV, safe, minibar, a desk and a bathroom with hairdryer, bathtub or shower. Rooms can be:
- CLASSIC: double or twin bedrooms around 22 sqm, with modern furniture and with a view on the city.
-TRIPLE: double bedrooms which are bigger than classic ones, around 28 sqm and with a sofa-bed for a third guest. - SUPERIOR: similar to Classic rooms but located on the upper floors and with sea-view. They are equipped with kettle, a selection of coffee, tea and infusions, and with SKY available on the TV.
- JUNIORSUITE: 35 sqm rooms with balcony, located on the 8th floor and with bathtube in the bathroom and hotel amenities including bathrobes and slippers, kettle, tea, coffee, infusion and TV with SKY channels
- FAMILY: bigger rooms (about 49 sqm) with double bed, 2 sofa-beds, and equipped with kettle, coffee and infusions.
On request and depending on availability there are disabled-access rooms.
Hotel Catalunya in Alghero offers a wide range of services and facilities which are typical of the best city hotels with 4 stars:
- Beach facilities available with extra charge (external service)
- Blau Skybar on the top floor with panoramic view
- Maqù Restaurant
- Business and convention centre with 4 rooms and seats
- TV room
- Reading area
- Internet point with 2 computers
- Public parking area at metres from the hotel
- Private unattended parking area available with extra charge at 400 metres from the hotel (external service with limited availability)
- Bike rental depending on availability
- Small pets welcome on request
Catalunya Hotel in Alghero is located at the beginning of the old town area, in front of the port and in a high position which offers breathtaking views on the town and on the sea.
The closest beach is the city beach of Lido San Giovanni, at a walking distance from the hotel, just at 10 minutes, popular for its sand and its low and sandy seabed. Among the best beaches in Alghero there are Le Bombarde, Maria Pia the beach of Lazzaretto, all within a 10 minutes car trip from the hotel. Alghero is popular for the beauty of the views from its ramparts and has a great variety of restaurants, clubs, pubs and shops for every traveller who chooses to visit it.
For nature lovers, Alghero has the Regional Parc of Porto Conte, the marin protected area of Capo Caccia - Isola Piana and the popular Neptune’s Grotto.
- Airport of Alghero: around 10 km
- Port of Porto Torres: around 45 km
- Port and airport of Olbia: around 145 km
- Port of Golfo Aranci: around 170 km
- Port of Arbatax: around 230 km
- Porto and airport of Cagliari: around 245 km