Hotel Il Monastero is only 600 mt from the beach of Kal’e Moru in Geremeas, seaside location in south Sardinia, only 30 km away from Cagliari.
Its position makes it a perfect location for a relaxing holiday because it is immersed in nature by being surrounded by the mountains of the “Sette Fratelli” nature reserve but also it is very near the sea of the south coast of Sardinia. The structure of Hotel Il Monastero is from the 18th century and is characterised by stone walls and pavements, colorful plasters and handmaid roof tiles, proof of the past of the monastery, born by the will of the friars but then turned into a farm and now transformed into an hotel totally renovated without damaging its original structure.
Hotel Il Monastero in Geremeas offers its guests 39 beautiful rooms, furnished in period style with wrought-iron beds, stone walls and floors, wooden ceilings and furniture. All rooms are comfortable and equipped with all comforts such as Wi-Fi, air conditioning, TV, telephone, safe, private bathroom with shower. The rooms are available as:
- CLASSIC: master or double bedrooms, they can accommodate up to 3 people because it’s possible to add a bed
- SUPERIOR: similar to Classic rooms but with a bigger surface area
- FAMILY: they can accommodate 4 people, made of a queen size bed and a bunk bed
- SUITE: composed of a master bedroom and small lounge, decorated with vintage furniture and with a private garden equipped with table, sunbeds and Jacuzzi.
The CLUB CARD (compulsory and to be paid on spot from 1 May until 30 September at the price of € 5,00 per person per day in July and August and € 3,00 per person per day in May, June and September) will give you the opportunity to use all Hotel Il Monastero facilities, such as:
- Large swimming pool surrounded by greenery and with a sandy bottom
- Sun umbrella
- Relax area surrounding the swimming pool with sun loungers and parasols
- Free Wi-Fi in the rooms and common areas
- Play area with table football, mini golf and table tennis
- Billiard room, TV room and library
- Open air fitness areas
- Small animals permitted (under 10 kg) upon request
Other services with extra charge:
- Riding stable adjacent to the hotel, with the possibility of riding lessons also for children, horse riding in the Sette Fratelli Natural Park and by the beach
- Baby cot for children under 2 years with an extra charge of € 5,00 per night
- Beach towels for rent
- Umbrellas and sun beds for rent at Kal’e Moru beach
- Shuttle bus for the beaches if requested
- Diving centre
- Bike and scooters for rent
- Laundry service
- Assistance for the planning of excursions of the surrounding area
Il Monastero in Geremeas offers a restaurant with two big dining rooms with stone walls and pavements, wooden slab and an open veranda with a swimming pool view. Here are served both the buffet breakfast and the typical Sardinian dinner. On summer, it is possible also to eat delicious pizzas cooked in a firewood oven, made with fresh ingredients from a Slow Food attitude. For lunch, it is possible to eat light dishes such as cold dishes, salads, ice cream and fruit at the bar by the swimming pool.
Hotel Il Monastero is located in Geremeas, just 600 metres from the beach of Kal'e Moru, easily accessible by foot. The beach is 2 km long and Blue Flag from several years thanks to its clean sea. All the other wonderful beaches of the south-eastern coast of Sardinia are easily reachable in a maximum 15-minute drive, we recommend Mari Pintau, Baccu Mandara in Geremeas, Cann’e Sisa and Genn’e Mari in Torre delle Stelle (at 5 km), Porto Sa Ruxi, Punta Molentis, Porto Giunco, Simius and Campus in Villasimius (at 25 km) and Costa Rei (at 30 km).
Hotel Il Monastero is the perfect location for those interested in nature and history, the Sette Fratelli natural park is a natural oasis of more than 6000 hectares and it is natural habitat of many species like Sardinian deer, golden eagles, wild boars, mouflons and wild cats, as well as a wonderful and fragrant flora like cork oaks, myrtle and heather. At 30 km there is also the city of Cagliari with its characteristic old town, the castle of San Michele and the natural reserve of Molentargius where it is possible to see the pink flamingos.
- Port and airport of Cagliari: about 35 km
- Port of Arbatax: about 110 km
- Port of Porto Torres: about 261 km
- Airport of Alghero: about 266 km
- Port and airport of Olbia: about 270 km
- Port of Golfo Aranci: about 310 km