Hotel La Vecchia Fonte is a 4-star hotel at 400 meters from the sea in Palau on the North coast of Sardinia.
Hotel La Vecchia Fonte of Palau is a comfortable and modern hotel suitable for people looking for an hotel for their holidays by the sea and immersed by the vegetation typical of North Sardinia. La Vecchia Fonte is close to La Maddalena archipelago and is distributed over four floors connected with a lift. It is the perfect solution for people looking for an hotel in Palau town to spend relaxing holidays.
The Hotel has 36 rooms equipped with en-suite shower bathroom with hairdryer, air-conditioning, Wi-fi, minibar, safe, and direct dial telephone. They are divided into 6 categories:
- CLASSIC: double bedroom between 15 and 20 m² with sitting area and a possible third bed.
- CLASSIC PLUS: double bedroom between 16 and 21 m², it has the same amenities as the Classic rooms. They have a small private sea view terrace and come with a courtesy kit of kettle and tea.
- SUPERIOR: much larger than Classic rooms (between 21 and 25 m²), they have a sea view on the tourist port and consist of a double bed with sitting area, chair bed and a shower or bathtub bathroom. They have a large bathroom with a make-up mirror and terry sleepers. Two of them have a large, panoramic connected terrace.
- JUNIOR SUITE: sea view double bedroom of about 21-25 m² with a bed chair, a sitting area and a large shower bathroom embellished with marble and handmade ceramic tiles. Guests of Junior Suite have a courtesy tea kit with a selection of infusions and coffee, terry sleepers and traditional Sardinian biscuits and fresh fruit on arrival.
- SUITE: sea view suite of about 35 m² composed of two separated rooms: a comfortable living room with TV and a chair bed, a bathtub shower and a double bedroom with reading area.
Guests of suite can enjoy a courtesy kit which includes: bathrobes, sleepers, selection of infusions and coffee, traditional Sardinian biscuits and fresh fruit on arrival, non-alcoholic drinks in the minibar and make up mirror in the bathroom.
- ROYAL SUITE: suite of about 70 m² and composed of a double bedroom, living area and shower bathroom with marble decorations. It has a panoramic terrace of about 30 m² with pergola, external sitting, sunchair and a small pool with 3 seat cromotherapy jacuzzi. Guests of suite can benefit of the same comfort as Suite plus beach towels.
Two rooms for special need people are available with terrace and small garden. The hotel has common areas with wheelchair access.
Hotel La Vecchia Fonte offers a wide range of facilities:
- Wi-fi in the rooms and in the common areas
- Breakfast room with a rich continental buffet
- Coffee shop/bar where is possible to taste some the best local wines
- Restaurant at 50 meters from the hotel with agreed rates for half board (fixed-price menu, ½ l water and ¼ l wine per person included)
- 24 hr Reception
- 24 hr Concierge
- Luggage deposit
- Small pets allowed only in rooms with balcony/terrace (during the check-in guests will be requested to sign a declaration of responsibility)
Extra facilities with extra charge:
- Baby cot on request: 15,00 € per night
- Internal parking on request during reservation: 12,00 € per night (19,00 € per night from 4 to 23 August)
- Beauty/wellness treatments
- Taxi transfer
- Car, motorbike, bicycle rental
- Dinner in rural restaurants
- Boat, dinghy rental
- Laundry service
The closer beach is Spiaggia dell’Isolotto in Palau, at walking distance from the hotel. Among the most beautiful beaches of Palau: Baia Saraceno, La Sciumara, Cala Capra, Portu Mannu, la Spiaggia del Golfo delle Saline, Porto Rafael, Cala Martinella and Cala di Trana, all at few km from the hotel.
La Vecchia Fonte is opposite to La Maddalena archipelago, just facing Santo Stefano isle, and close to the touristic port of Palau from where transfer and excursions to the islands set off.
Palau is a renowned town in North Sardinia and has a lively nightlife with shops, bars and restaurants: the perfect place for people looking for a holiday by the sea and in a town with all comforts.
Port and airport of Olbia: about 40 km
Port of Golfo Aranci: about 45 km
Port of Porto Torres: about 115 km
Airport of Alghero: about 145 km
Port of Arbatax: about 225 km
Port and airport of Cagliari: about 295 km